Friday, June 7, 2013

My new Ipad cover

Since I've bought a keyboard to my ipad in hopes of not having to carry my laptop around anylonger (It's days are counted, and I though the poor laptop and my poor shoulders would be happier if it stays at home), i also needed a new ipad cover, big enough to fit both keyboeard and ipad. Not that big, since its a super slim keyboard (logitech, love it), but it still needs just a bit more space.

I took it as an opportunity to try a "real" quilted project for the first time. To be honest, I'm nor entierly sure about the terminology here. Are quilted always with padding? Is it otherwise patch-work? Well any how, first time using padding.



The fabrics i used are dark green cotton from my first dress (that I'm yet to post, i know..), light green from an old sheet i used to make a pair of prototype harem pants that ended up way to big, and some striped quilting cotton. Lining is plain withe cotton.

Kind of (sloppy) tutorial:

1. I made fabric strips and sewed them together
2. I added the padding and quilted it (again, im out on deep water with the terminology here)
3. added the lining right side to right side of quilted fabric and sewed addid a piece of elastic to the top for closure, and flipped so the lining ended up on the other side of the padding.
4. I folded the now long rectangular cover a bit under the middle, and left about 10 cm on one side for the flap, and top stitched around.
5. Added button.

Voilá and all that.

It was a fun project that I did from start to finish in one sitting. Just took a small break when this happend...



It's gonna come with me to Indonesia, leaving on friday, Woooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment