Wednesday, February 6, 2013

WIP Wednesday / Maplewood


So, it's Wednesday again and time to post som knitting progress. Last week I was missing in action due to doctors carving in my back, while heavily drugged (me, not the doctors. I think.). But this week I'm back on track, and as soon as my nausea subsided I got started on a pair of Maplewood mittens.

I've started these once before, while trying to figure out two at once knitting, but I was way of gauge, so I had to rip out and start over. This time I do them one by one, and lo and behold, Im already on my second one, and determined that no one-sock/mitten curse shall fall over this project.

It's a fun knit, and quite fast. I had to rip out about 15 rows on the second mitten, since I made the common misstake of doing another right hand mitten. It's almost tradition to do this, right?

I have managed to do a couple of rows on the baktus scarf as well, but it is boooring ( but pretty).

Check out what some other blogging peeps has been working on over at Tami's Amis.

3 comments:

  1. I'm just wearing fingerless mittens because my sweater has short sleeves and it is cold. Maplewood is a nice name! Have a good week. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely mittens!
    I hope you get well soon.

    Here's my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-75/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these mittens! The cooler is so pretty. I've got to try to make a pair and soon.

    ReplyDelete