Friday, February 3, 2012

The first sewing project


I recently decided to take up sewing. I've been knitting and crocheting for about 5 years and felt that it was time for the next step.

Growing up with a mother who resent sewing as much as she resents tents and pantyhose, i was a bit scared at first. But I must say, everything went far better than expected. Some thriftstore fabricscraps, thriftstore zippers, 0% blood and 0% tears later, im the proud owner of two zip-pouches.

The white zipper one is lined with some white cotton, and currently holds pens and other gadgets that usually get lost it the deep dark alternate dimensons of my bag.

The turotial i used was from Two Little Banshees and i found it through a great pouch tutorial list at Sew Chic and Unique

I forsee more zip pouches in the future..

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and linking my post, i must say your pouches turned out great!

    Welcome to the world of sewing :D

    Maya @ SCU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Im pretty happy with them my self, i sense that me and the world of sewing is going to become good friends :)

      Delete